Saturday, October 10, 2009

Tarobo



The weekend before Tokyo I had some spare time, so I decided I was going to try climbing the local mountian of Tarobou. There is a shrine built on the mountian overlooking the plains and I thought it would be a great place to see.

The mountain is only a few blocks from where I'm staying. I could've easily walked there in 15 minutes, but because it was getting somewhat late I decided to take my bike. Anyway, once I got there I could tell this wasn't going to be a simple stroll up a hill.

There were a few hunderd stairs to get to the top, and the local legend is that if you can climb to the shrine 100 times in a day you recieve the powers of the diety enshrined there. Once was enough for me.

The climb was very scenic, wooded hills with stone statues lining the stone steps. Wooden gateways were placed the entire way up to the shrine with names written on the posts, it was all very beautiful.

At the top the view was gorgeous, it was hard to get a good picture because of the shaded foreground, but I tried my best.
 




The sun was just about to set as I reached the bottom again. The rice fields were beautiful.




There are many more pictures to be had at Tarobo, so don't be surprised if I end up writing another post later.

1 comment: